Today, President Clinton announced the impact of the 2012 CGI America Meeting and the 58 Commitments to Action that were made by attendees. Read the full press release and statement by President Clinton. When fully funded and implemented, the 58 new CGI America commitments aim to positively impact the lives of nearly 3.9 million Americans in the following ways:
- More than 32,000 jobs will be created, including 6,600 green jobs.
- More than 500,000 jobs will be filled by veterans and their family members.
- Nearly 68,000 people will receive improved access to capital or financial services.
- More than 117,000 people will benefit from access to job training and certification.
- Nearly 760 million kilowatt hours of energy will be saved.
- More than $84 million of new capital will be invested in green initiatives.
- More than 12,000 people will gain increased access to health services.
- More than $640 million of the total value of the new commitments will address housing recovery, including returning distressed single-family housing to productive use, retrofitting homes in 25 new cities, and developing affordable housing units for low-income individuals.